Let us take the work out of your work/life balance
Cloud Accounting is easy to use
You Spend a 100 days a year completing VAT returns, payroll, invoices, chasing debtors, and billing.
Do you run a business with just a few people? Do you do all of your own business administration? If so, we’ve worked out that you are probably spending around 100 days a year completing VAT returns, doing the company payroll, raising invoices, chasing debtors, reconciling ledgers and paying suppliers, all at the expense of your leisure time.
All of this time has nothing whatsoever to do with building up your business, generating income or finding new prospects and customers.
Then again, you might think it would be easier if you are running a larger business and have your own finance department. Not necessarily so. An in-house finance department can be an expensive overhead. It can become a place where many business owner/managers are reluctant to go because it’s usually too busy and confusing.
Run your business accounts online
Cloud accounting saves you time and money. It can improve your business administration.
Cloud accounting has many advantages it enables you to run your business accounts online.
What are the benefits of cloud accounting?
- Data about your sales or income and purchases can flow straight from your bank to your books so you don’t spend hours transcribing them.
- You can see your current financial position at any time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team and advisors.
- Its online software so there’s nothing to install or update, and all your data is backed up automatically.
- You can set up a dashboard showing important financial information like who owes you money, what bills are due, and how your cash flow is looking.
Improve business administration with Cloud Accounting
Running your business accounts online has many advantages.
Empower your teams, by enabling them to provide the business data directly. Free up more of their time to focus on work tasks and less on administration. Remove any location limitations you may have had before working online.
User friendly software does the heavy lifting.
- User friendly you do not need technical accounting knowledge to use
- Apps, easy to use and intuitive
- Secure access from anywhere
- Can link with accountant and place restrictions on staff for more sensitive information
- MTD compliant
- Data is held remotely therefore backups not required.
Time saving accounting processes
- Can invoice customers and set up chasing emails and reminders without having to do anything.
- Bank transactions can be imported daily to reconcile to debtors and creditors (ledgers can constantly be kept up to date)
- Produce management reports and data for tax returns
- Submit VAT and Payroll requirements via the software (depending which software you use)
- Add copy bills and receipts via photo (no need to keep records in storage box)
Which Cloud Accounting Package is right for Me
When choosing which cloud accounting package is best suited to your business, you need to look a three main points that will affect your business.
- Features – what functionality do you need?
- Cost – Would you prefer inexpensive, basic accounting software or an application that costs more but includes extra features?
- Usability – How many staff need access. Do you need mobile app capability? Will this solution scale as your business grows.
The main Cloud accounting solutions are Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and Kashflow
FAQ’s about Cloud Accounting
Firstly choose which cloud accounting system fits your business needs, select the functionality which will best enable you to reach your business goals. This is then as easy as downloading the latest film online, just search the internet for which product you wish Xero, Sage, QuickBooks, etc. They will usually have an introductory offer such as free for 30 days, a series of questions will be asked and then away you go.
No Cloud Accounting will start as a new system. Your records will need to capture a full years of accounting, to complete the end of year filing. However you can also chose to start from new and keep your old data separate. We are able to assist and there are companies that will do this for you for a small charge.
No, we are able to assist and there are companies that will do this for you for a small charge. It is important for you to keep an overview of the process so you remain in control of this transition process.
It would start immediately after you have enabled the new system.
Dunhams will sit down with yourselves and tailor a bespoke package for your needs
You legally must keep your old data for 6 years.
How Do I Change Over to Dunhams Cloud Accounting?
Time needed: 30 minutes
How do I change over from OLD accounting to Dunhams Cloud Accounting?
- Step 1 you …
Pick up the phone and talk to ourselves we will then guide you through the process and discuss you business requirements, as we do not believe in a one size fits all approach.
- Make a Plan
Together we make a plan to change you over to the new accounting processes to suit your business
- Create an Action List
Set out the tasks to take and the timescales needed to change you over.